Florida / Alabama
VIDEO PRODUCER / VIDEOGRAPHER (Full-time)
Job Summary: Samjen’s Media Department seeks two creative, innovative, and video producer, and a videographer with experience in digital storytelling through high-quality video, graphic designing, and social media marketing. Reporting to Samjen Media Department.
Marketing and Communications, the Video Producer and Videographer will work closely with the marketing and communications team and others at the to promote webinars, podcasting, training videos, and other programs, major initiatives, news, special events, and leadership messages. The video producer and videographer will be responsible for developing video plans to expand the Samjen Residential & Commercial Realty brand awareness and reach a broader audience.
Applicants can only apply for this position by visiting the Samjen Residential & Commercial Realty Careers page at: https://samjenrealty.com/contact-us/careers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes professionally developed, high-quality video content that is on-brand and strategic.
- Experience with shooting different styles of original and branded content, in the field and the studio – from sit down interviews to handheld Doc-style, with a focus on short form consumable digital content
- Collaborates with marketing and communication team members to achieve a quality product in support of Samjen brand building, marketing efforts and enterprise-wide projects.
- Develops storyboards and writes scripts
- Creates promotional videos for branding and marketing purposes.
- Maintains communication with team and other stakeholders to coordinate timely delivery of videos and project files
- Maintains an inventory and expert knowledge of how to use all video, software, audio and lighting equipment
- Works collaboratively with marketing team members to leverage video on social media, SFC.edu, mobile app and other channels
- Participates in creative and design meetings
- Serves as a mentor and resource to student assistants
- Video Pre-Production
- Gather and propose ideas and topics for video for marketing (Admissions) and College communications purposes
Actively participate in content production meetings for new projects:
- Assist in the content development and message strategy
- Utilize video script writing and treatment planning fundamentals.
- Set and maintain a production schedule prior to shoots
- Develop and maintain a creative aesthetic that brands Samjen videos
- Field Video Production
Records material for content using professional video cameras and still cameras:
- Follows production schedule collaborating with clients for revisions as needed
- Sets up shoot including lighting, sound and other technical details
- Video Postproduction Skills
Performs non-linear editing using Adobe Premiere software:
- Designs after-effects as needed including motion graphics, layout, and animation
- Prepare video for multi-media formats including web, and other digital distribution medium
- Ensure that all videos meet the needs of a varying audience of ability using captioning and other forms as needed
- Encode and archive online videos
- Track and report on video analytics
- Instruct, guide and supervise student video production assistants on location and in edit suite
- Coordinate and manage media assets
- Manage video project schedule using software and ensure deadlines are met
- Stay current on the latest video trends and use the medium
- Be a collaborative and contributing member of the Samjen team
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism, Film or equivalent in experience and education
- Five or more years of experience in video, filmmaking and digital storytelling
- Experience with advanced multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Exceptional core video-journalism skills, including a high command of video, sound, camera, lights, computers and software used to produce visual and audio journalism is required
- Must have flexibility for evening and weekend assignments
- Knowledge of social media and how to engage audiences on digital platforms in the public space is essential to this role
- The Videographer must demonstrate a high command of video techniques through sophisticated craftsmanship
- Competency in videography principles from scripting through final editing and show proficiency with branding guidelines using video motion software such as Motion, and or After Effects and Premiere in an Apple Mac environment
- Excellent technical knowledge of non-broadcast video equipment
- Apple Mac editing environment knowledge and experience
- Culturally sensitive, caring, and friendly with a deep understanding and appreciation of a multicultural community and the real estate industry as a whole
- Ability to relate to the many different constituent groups on campus is required
- Flexibility in work hours is required for weekend and evenings
- Be willing to travel and temporary relocate for three to six months when on assignments
This position requires sitting for long periods of time, as well as some bending and stooping when filming and working with files. This position does have some limited lifting involved but not more than 20 pounds at a time. Quite a bit of finger/hand dexterity is involved regarding operating cameras, typing and/or filing. The overall setting of the job is in an area conducive to a normal office environment with minimal exposure to adverse conditions.
Samjen is committed to providing opportunities to all persons without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, predisposing genetic characteristics, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law in its education programs and activities or employment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we are strongly committed to equity and to increasing the diversity of our faculty, staff, students, and the curriculum. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 30 – 40 hours per week
- Weekend availability
Applicants can only apply for this position by providing a resume and completing our interview process which will include meeting with different management teams on three to four separate occasions. Interview process may take anywhere from one to two months and completing the process does not guarantee employment. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please click on the apply tab.
One location and remotely
Temporarily due to COVID-19 all interviews will be conducted via zoom until further notice.