- Business Economists Less Optimistic Over Next Year’s Growthby kerrys on October 27, 2021 at 10:10 am
Most economists in an annual survey agree that the U.S. economy will continue to grow next year. Two out of three predict 3%-5.9%, but 1 in 3 says only 0.1%-2.9%.
- How Many Shadow Homebuyers Pulled Back Temporarily?by kerrys on October 27, 2021 at 9:10 am
Some buyers have seen tons of homes, put in multiple bids, lost out each time, gave up and signed another one-year lease. That doesn’t mean they don’t still dream about owning a home; it means […]
- New Homes in a Few Small Markets See a Drop in Demandby kerrys on October 27, 2021 at 9:10 am
In a couple areas, builders that broke ground on new homes earmarked for city-fleeing residents are seeing a drop in demand and cutting prices.
- HUD Settles Case Alleging ‘National Origin’ Discriminationby kerrys on October 27, 2021 at 9:10 am
HUD’s complaint focused on a Phoenix-area renter who said their landlord didn’t provide needed language services. The owner will pay $34K and update procedures.
- PPP Is Gone – But Government Help for Small Businesses Isn’tby kerrys on October 27, 2021 at 9:10 am
PPP loans – the best-known business aid of the pandemic – ended May 31. But there are other options, such as EIDL or SBA 7(a) loans, plus local or state grant programs.
- Workers Want Offices that Look Like Their Living Roomsby kerrys on October 27, 2021 at 9:10 am
Why go back to an office if your chair is comfy and you’re 10 steps away from coffee? To entice workers, office remodels are adding lounges, green spaces and gyms.
- 74% of Seniors Say Best Financial Decision Was Buying a Homeby kerrys on October 26, 2021 at 9:10 am
Beyond a home’s sentimental value, 74% of older adults surveyed said buying was the best financial decision they ever made. For 73%, it’s their most valuable asset.
- Oct. Consumer Confidence Improves as Delta Fadesby kerrys on October 26, 2021 at 9:10 am
After three declining months, U.S. consumers felt better in Oct. about both the current and future economy, with the confidence index rising 4 points to 113.8.
- Will More Closings Fail and Buyers Lose Deposits?by kerrys on October 26, 2021 at 9:10 am
In 5 days, new FR/Bar contract versions will be released. Are you ready? Florida Realtors Legal Hotline already expects calls from members who didn’t prepare.
- September New Home Sales Jump 14%by kerrys on October 26, 2021 at 9:10 am
New single-family homes hit a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 800K units last month – well above economists’ expectations.